- Senior Researcher. Gyeongsang National University, South Korea (2021 - Present)
- PhD. Gyeongsang National University - 2021
- MS. Gyeongsang National University - 2018
- MBBCh. Cairo University - 2014
- Lots of online courses
Awards & Fellowships
- Fellowship. Center for Human Resource Development in the Bio-health Industry (2021 - 2022)
- Young Scientist Program Award. FAOBMB (2021)
- Young Scientist Program Award. KSBMB (2020 & 2021)
- Young Pioneer Research Award. Gyeongsang National University (2018 & 2019)
- Cancer evolution
- Drug discovery and repurposing
- Regulation of gene expression
- Adipocyte differentiation
Studying task specialization and trade-offs in evolving cancer cells.
Studying causal biological networks and their perturbation using existing biological knowledge and data.
Deciphering the regulatory circuits responsible for RKIP loss in different cancer cell models.
Studying the regulation of autophagy in development (adipocyte differentiation) and disease (cancer).
Mahmoud Ahmed, Omar Elashkar, Jong Youl Lee, Eun Ae Jeong, Kyung Eun Kim, Gu Seob Roh, Deok Ryong Kim
All Life, vol. 15(1), Taylor & Francis, 2022, pp. 555-561
Mahmoud Ahmed, Deok Ryong Kim
Frontiers in Pharmacology, vol. 13, 2022
Gyeonghwa Jeong, Dongwoo Han, Mahmoud Ahmed, Deok Ryong Kim
medRxiv, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2022
The human genome project galvanized the scientific community around an ambitious goal. It produced several crucial discoveries, and a new era of research began. For the first time, it became possible to estimate the number of human genes and compile a ...
Cancer evolves. That much is known and agreed upon. Researchers still, however, debate the detailed picture of how cancer came to be and why it still plages our species is subject to debate. Studying cancer through an evolutionary lens could provide an...
Coding vs. non-coding variants Mutations produce novelty. The kind of novel variants on which selection acts. These variants fall within two broad categories depending on location in the genome: protein-coding and regulatory sequences. The former pro...
Convergence Medical Science
Jinju, South Korea