- Senior Researcher. Gyeongsang National University, South Korea (2021 - Present)
- PhD. Gyeongsang National University - 2021
- MS. Gyeongsang National University - 2018
- MBBCh. Cairo University - 2014
- Lots of online courses
- Fellowship. Center for Human Resource Development in the Bio-health Industry (2021 - 2022)
- Young Scientist Program Award. FAOBMB (2021)
- Young Scientist Program Award. KSBMB (2020 & 2021)
- Young Pioneer Research Award. Gyeongsang National University (2018 & 2019)
- Cancer evolution
- Drug discovery and repurposing
- Regulation of gene expression
- Adipocyte differentiation
Studying task specialization and trade-offs in evolving cancer cells.
Studying causal biological networks and their perturbation using existing biological knowledge and data.
Studying the regulation of autophagy in development (adipocyte differentiation) and disease (cancer).
Mahmoud Ahmed, Omar Elashkar, Jong Youl Lee, Eun Ae Jeong, Kyung Eun Kim, Gu Seob Roh, Deok Ryong Kim
All Life, vol. 15(1), Taylor & Francis, 2022, pp. 555-561
Mahmoud Ahmed, Deok Ryong Kim
Frontiers in Pharmacology, vol. 13, 2022
Mahmoud Ahmed, Trang Huyen Lai, Trang Minh Pham, Sahib Zada, Omar Elashkar, Jin Seok Hwang, Deok Ryong Kim
PLoS ONE, vol. 17(1), 2022 6, pp. e0250865
Coding vs. non-coding variants Mutations produce novelty. The kind of novel variants on which selection acts. These variants fall within two broad categories depending on location in the genome: protein-coding and regulatory sequences. The former pro...
When one lines up the genomes of related species, they vary in more than the protein-coding sequences. In fact, most differences fall outside these regions, given the small fraction they represent. Genomes differ with respect to sequences that regulate...
To study the evolution of a body part or a trait, one needs to address two questions. First, what is the trait for? Second, how could it evolve by small steps that gave some advantage to the organism that carried them? It is also necessary to suggest a...
Convergence Medical Science
Jinju, South Korea