- Postdoctoral Fellow. The Institute of Cancer Research, UK (2023 - Present)
- Senior Researcher. Gyeongsang National University, South Korea (2021 - 2023)
- PhD. Gyeongsang National University - 2021
- MS. Gyeongsang National University - 2018
- MBBCh. Cairo University - 2014
- Lots of online courses
Awards & Fellowships
- Fellowship. Center for Human Resource Development in Bio-medicine (2021 - 2022)
- Young Scientist Program Award. FAOBMB (2021)
- Young Scientist Program Award. KSBMB (2020 & 2021)
- Young Pioneer Research Award. Gyeongsang National University (2018 & 2019)
- Cancer genomics
- Drug discovery and repurposing
- Regulation of gene expression
- Autophagy in development and disease
Studying task specialization and trade-offs in evolving cancer cells.
Studying causal biological networks and their perturbation using existing biological knowledge and data.
Deciphering the regulatory circuits responsible for RKIP loss in different cancer cell models.
Mahmoud Ahmed, Deok Ryong Kim
Frontiers in Pharmacology, vol. 14, 2023
Trang Huyen Lai, Mahmoud Ahmed, Jin Seok Hwang, Md Entaz Bahar, Trang Minh Pham, Jinsung Yang, Wanil Kim, Rizi Firman Maulidi, Dong-Kun Lee, Dong-Hee Kim, Hyun Joon Kim, Deok Ryong Kim
Frontiers in Oncology, vol. 13, 2023
Mahmoud Ahmed, Hyun Joon Kim, Deok Ryong Kim
Frontiers in Genetics, vol. 14, Frontiers Media SA, 2023 Mar
The human genome project galvanized the scientific community around an ambitious goal. It produced several crucial discoveries, and a new era of research began. For the first time, it became possible to estimate the number of human genes and compile a ...
Cancer evolves. That much is known and agreed upon. Researchers still, however, debate the detailed picture of how cancer came to be and why it still plages our species is subject to debate. Studying cancer through an evolutionary lens could provide an...
Coding vs. non-coding variants Mutations produce novelty. The kind of novel variants on which selection acts. These variants fall within two broad categories depending on location in the genome: protein-coding and regulatory sequences. The former pro...