This is a short course on data analysis in R. The goal is to get the
participants familiar with R code and to appreciate it as a tool to handle
common experimental data. The materials are delivered in the form of
lectures and interactive exercises.
- To get familiar with R as a tool for data analysis
- To apply basic arithmetic and statistics in R
- To learn to handle experimental data in R (qPCR and images)
Each module is delivered in three steps
- Lecture: slides discussing the main concepts
-Practice: interactive exercises for practicing purposes
- Homework: more exercises to test understanding
- Getting started in R
- Basic statistics in R
- Quantifying mRNA using the
- Quantifying protein co-localization in fluorescence images using the
- Tidy data by Hadley Wickham (Link)
- Ahmed M, Kim DR. pcr: an R package for quality assessment, analysis and
testing of qPCR data. PeerJ. 2018 Mar 16;6:e4473.
- Ahmed M, Lai TH, Kim DR. colocr: an R package for conducting co-localization
analysis on fluorescence microscopy images. PeerJ. 2019;7:e7255.
Resources (what to learn next?)